Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way home tonight and all of a sudden I heard something fall from the car. As I was on the motorway I was think on bloody hell :( So I drove slowly and went to brake I heard a clunk then sparks flying up by my window ala Angle Grinder stylee.... I managed to get the car off the motorwayand pulled over. The brake caliper had lost a bolt so the caliper slipped and was grinding against the disk. I didnt have a trolly jack so I used the standard ford jack....... then it started crunching and scraping the side skirt but I had no choice I jacked the car up and sure enough the top bolt on the caliper had completely gone so I swapped the bolts so that their was a bolt on the top put the wheel back on and lowered the car ....CRACK!!!! CRUNCH!!!! went the skirt, essentially putting a hole where I had jacked it up. All the same managed to get home but to be honest it was scarey as hell. As for the skirt I will get at it with the dremmel next week and sand out a couple if grooves for future instances. :( :(

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tell you what Chris .... im glad I was close enough to home to just swap the bolts as it couldnt drive .... the front wheel was completely locked

·
MEG Admiral
2,934 Posts
I'll bet! Like I said, I'm glad you're all okay. As for stain remover, I wouldn't know. Unless you left your whole liver on the seat - I probably would have!!!

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
Bugger!!!

Have you managed to rectify things yet m8???, including getting the 'brown adrenaline' washed out of yer pants...

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wayne (pimpyourride) brought another bolt over this morning..... it was a bit too long but cut it down and the caliper is now safe again. Need to fix my skirt but there you go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts