Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Merry Christmas to you all!!
Now i have a problem with my blower, i have a P reg mondeo 1.8 LX, suddenly my fan only works when it is on 1 or 2. 3 and 4 don;t work,(speed of fan) infact the fan stops and no air is pushed out. Is this common? has any one seen this before. All help appricaited!! thanks guys

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
The resistor pack issue is when 1,2 and 3 don't work and only 4 does. That is due to how it's wired (I've done it on my mk1)

That sounds more like a possible dodgy switch to me :L

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
Send a Private Topic (PT) to MEGgger 'JD' mate... He'll do you a replacement resistior pack :L :L :L

Andy

·
Need more mods, any ideas?
2,337 Posts
rfp2001 said:
GingaGizmo said:
The resistor pack issue is when 1,2 and 3 don't work and only 4 does. That is due to how it's wired (I've done it on my mk1)
Not so - the resisitor pack can fail at other combinations!!!
thats right i had only number 3 not working.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had a look at resistor pack to day there is no burning seeable on th eoutside, it looks like it has already been replaced once, judging by the dodgy wireing held together with tape!! could the resistor still go and there be to markings of burning?

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
If it goes, it normally burns out so there would most likely be burning marks. The best bet would be to take it out and put a multimeter across it.

·
Still waiting to Wii
2,710 Posts
I doubt it's resistor pack, as the resistor pack is bypassed for the number 4 setting, which he's having trouble with. I'd get the wiring sorted at the resistor pack, and also check the switch. To test the switch, remove the heater control assy from the dash, remove the connector on the back. Get a good heavy piece of wire with the ends exposed. Find out which one's the power wire, then jump the power wire to the other 3 wires, if it blows on all 4 different jumpers, then it's defo the switch.

·
Big Megger
112 Posts
My fan now only works on position 4 also, this was after I used the fan on number 3 at the weekend and got a nice burning smell. Are the parts in Mirez's article readily available from Ford?.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just bought a new risistorpackfrom Ford. it wasn;t that so gonna have to sell that now!! will check the switch. Haveing looked at the wireing diagram it can only be that. Does any one know what the Heater Mode Switch is?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well all fixed now!! Bought a new heater switch from Ford (£15) all works a treat now, miond you learnt alot about taking the front console thingy off, interesting!! thanks guys for your help

Andy
Merry christmas all

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.