Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gigging Muso
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who are searching the forum and hoping to find answers to similar problems, I hope this helps you.

Since I bought the car, the heater direction has been stuck on windscreen. I had the control panel checked, and that turned out to be fine.

From what I can see now, I've removed three of the motors on the right hand side of the heater box behind the dash, and one of them (I think the bottom motor) has no rod running from it, it seems like it has broken and fallen down inside the dashboard.

So essentially, the motor is turning nothing, this would explain it.

My question would be, if I'm able to get hold of a new rod, does it matter if it comes from a prefacelift or a facelift? Logic tells me that I'd like to try and at least open things up just to exactly see what I need to do to fix it.

Is the heater box able to be taken apart? Obviously, I'm assuming it involves the entire interior dash being removed, this sounds like a monster of a job to me.

But yeah my question as above, would it be easier to get an entire heater box in one package? Are they the same on all MK3 mondeos? (even regardless of auto or manual heater controls)

·
Gigging Muso
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi guys me again,

I'm just wondering if I can bump this up again as I'm quite eager to get some help on this.

Summary is: Is the heater box the same in both prefacelift and facelift?

The three rods inside, one of them is broken. Is it worth just replacing that one, or getting a complete new box? (What's easiest to do)

·
Big Megger
2,886 Posts
mentioned it before but been years since i changed one (not mondeo) and it was a right pig to do. in another car we just cut out a big hole with a hot knife, easy enough to patch up after. think few have swapped boxes so you may have a wait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts