Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any idea why my heater blows external after a few seconds?

As I say, it will blow to the correct place for about 5-10 seconds, then it seems to rotate (window, face, feet) then makes a rumbling sound, and sounds like it is blowing to the outside??

An absolute pain in this weather! :sad:

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
mk1 , 2 or 3 is a good place to start i reckon :L

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
The flap motor moves to direct air to the vents or the windscreen or feet.
Can you hear a hissing noise in the car from the heater panel or behind the radio?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The whole top of the dash sounds as though it is rumbling, and then the air is being pushed to the outside of the car.

I did do some rummaging around, and there's a section behind the glove box that houses a plug in unit with a big piece of metal attached to it, and some wires attached to that... the metal on that gets very very (very very) hot. the wiring on that shows some signs of heat damage?!!

So I'm guessing I need a new one of those, just need to find out what it's called.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
so was it the resistor pack or not then ???????? :whistling:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well... not exactly.. I'm concerned that it's getting very hot.. the problem was actually caused by a very very (very very) blocked pollen filter. But I've got a resistor pack on the way for just under a 5iver(inc P&P), from Ebay. :L

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.