Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started blueing my interior lighting, Done the window switches, Front and rear heated screen switches, Boot release switch, Front interior light and today ive done the clocks, Not fitted them to my car yet, I had them running from a nokia phone charger.

Attachments

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jud9797 said:
nice work mate is it easy to do . how long does it take
The pain in the ass bit was removing the needles to remove the clock faces so I could remove the green backing, Removing the backing was easy, I just used some wet and dry. I recon I took about an hour to do.

The only bit thats bothering me is there are 3 patches that are dimmer than the rest, Around the 120mph and the 40mph, I dont really see why though

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
I can answer that :L

The internals of the lights have bits of plastic that are used to reflect light from hte bulbs to light up hte needles. These are what is in the way when you use LEDs like this :L

·
MEG Admiral
2,554 Posts
nice :L

quality street strikes again :whistling:

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
I used a debenhams carrier bag when I did mine :} That looked really good and gave out a nice blue :L

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GingaGizmo said:
I can answer that :L

The internals of the lights have bits of plastic that are used to reflect light from hte bulbs to light up hte needles. These are what is in the way when you use LEDs like this :L
Ah right, I might fit a few extra LED's inside then and see if that helps

arabianjules said:
nice :L

quality street strikes again :whistling:
LOL, No, I used proper blue LED's

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jud9797 said:
thanks mate i have got the blue lights on the way by the way are u going to the next meet on the 7th on jan i am going and this is my frist time .
Which meet would that be??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.