Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im thinking of buying a second hand bluefin that was used on a ford puma 1.7 for my Mondeo ST24. Anybody know how to reset these chips and would it be safe to use on my car.

Regards

Darren

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
i am not that sure mate , i dont know if there is a certan chip for the certan ford car or if they are the same and its just the software that is diffrent , some one on here will know , best bet is though to e-mail bluefin :L

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
it i dont think it will work m8 contact superchip to be sure m8, as u dont want to buy something you cannot use :L

·
The Saabnessness is mine!
2,893 Posts
Wont be any good mate. You'll need it reprogrammed for your engine. The program for the 1.7 engine will be no good for your 2.5

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
yes but that is what i am saying , i think the software is not a prob as it can be reprogramed BUT bo they have limits to a cettain car etc , its a hard one to say , i would e-mail bluefin them selfs :L

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
so buying a bluefin for a v6 mondeo would be right to just plug it in and then have it programed into your car am i right saying this?? I can understand that a puma one will have a diff program but like i said i guess if u buy one for the v6 mondeo then it should have the program for you to just download it onto your car :ponder:

·
The Saabnessness is mine!
2,893 Posts
Yes mate that's how it works. I had one on my old ST24. Plug it in, upload current ecu mapping configuration, download new mapping. Job done.

Would agree with Mondymanv6...Bluefin unit will be same for every car but cable connecting unit to car may differ per manufacturer. Don't know if they work to same standard.

G

·
The bluefin program is specific to the car it was purchased for. Futhermore once it has been used it can only be used on THAT car for returning the settings to standard./

It will need to be reprogrammed by the manufacturers to the correct program to the car.

Jeff

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
bookwyse said:
The bluefin program is specific to the car it was purchased for. Futhermore once it has been used it can only be used on THAT car for returning the settings to standard./

It will need to be reprogrammed by the manufacturers to the correct program to the car.

Jeff
ya , as far as i know you can use it as many times as you want to either re-map it to the new bluefin map or turn it back to standard BUT to use on another V6 you have to send it off for them to reset to that car...

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
so if u have a s reg mondeov6 and a t reg mondeov6 and you used the bluefin on the s reg mondeo, are you saying you cant use it on the t reg mondeo as its already been used on the s reg?? Sorry soo confusing but i want to make sure, i thought as long as it was for a v6 that it would work for any other v6, maybe im wrong :confused: :ponder:

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
Fred22 said:
so if u have a s reg mondeov6 and a t reg mondeov6 and you used the bluefin on the s reg mondeo, are you saying you cant use it on the t reg mondeo as its already been used on the s reg?? Sorry soo confusing but i want to make sure, i thought as long as it was for a v6 that it would work for any other v6, maybe im wrong :confused: :ponder:
yes thats right , as far as i know when you plug it in it reads the Engine number and will store it , and will only work on that car with that engine number etc ,,, send bluefin a e-mail :L

G

·
You are corerct Ryan in that it reads the cars information from the ECU and then will only work on that vehicle.

Jeff

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
bookwyse said:
You are corerct Ryan in that it reads the cars information from the ECU and then will only work on that vehicle.

Jeff
its brill to know i am not that dumb :whistling:

:} :} :D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts