Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New to this so please be patient!. I've recently got a Mondeo Titanium X Estate (2012), and loving it... quite a change from the Leon Cupra R I part-exed but children, dogs, bikes etc forced my hand - not looked back since though!

Anyway, to the point... The bluetooth system won't let me fully pair my Samsung Galaxy S7 - the car gives me a 4 digit code, which I can input onto my phone. the phone then says its paired to Ford Audio, but the car itself says that it isn't. Am I missing anything with this?

The reversing camera is also a little erratic and flicks between the camera and a green screen (if it switches on at all). Is this common? Any simple cures?

Thanks in advance

·
MEG Corporal
2,701 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve seems to have found a fix for the camera issue here https://talkford.com/community/topic/387671-flickeringflashing-reversing-camera-fix/ I've had same issues with my hatch, but not checked what Steve suggests yet.

For the Bluetooth, check if there are an other devices that were paired by the previous owner and delete them before trying again.
Thanks frembit. There are no devices stored. Wondering if it needs a factory reset? Is that possible?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
MEG Corporal
2,701 Posts
Ah yes, there was an update for the bluetooth in late 2012 I think. Try searching the forum for it (sorry, I'm supposed to be working so don't have time to look)

·
MEG Corporal
2,701 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For reference, the camera fix seems to have done the job.

I've also heard from 3 others now that have tried the fix and it has worked :first:
Thanks SteveyG. Going to try this tomorrow. Am I right in thinking the camera module that needs grounding is on the drivers side?

·
SMeghead
1,122 Posts
For the bonding issue, check that your phone fully bluetooths with another device by swapping files in both directions. I spent months trying to fix the same problem and it turned out that the bluetooth in my phone was only working one way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For the bonding issue, check that your phone fully bluetooths with another device by swapping files in both directions. I spent months trying to fix the same problem and it turned out that the bluetooth in my phone was only working one way.
Thanks for this, Mike. My phone does work fully with other devices - I've tried bonding two other devices unsucessfuly so am thinking that it's an issue with the head unit itself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On most models the bluetooth is handled by a specific unit, hidden up above the glove box, not the head unit. Plenty of threads on here about changing them.
Yeah, I've seen some so may change that. Not a major issue but I like to be able to stream music etc and have hands-free control if poss. Thanks for the help - much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
For reference, the camera fix seems to have done the job.

I've also heard from 3 others now that have tried the fix and it has worked :first:
Thanks SteveyG. Going to try this tomorrow. Am I right in thinking the camera module that needs grounding is on the drivers side?

Yes, on the driver's side. Pull away the trim from the rubber door seal around the boot and it's tucked in a pocket at the bottom. There might be some grey foam stuffed into the hole which you will need to pull out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks SteveyG. Of course, the ruddy camera works perfectly today so will wait til it's playing up again before I have a go!! Thanks for the advice and video though :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks SteveyG. Of course, the ruddy camera works perfectly today so will wait til it's playing up again before I have a go!! Thanks for the advice and video though :)

After a few days of the reversing camera playing up again, I've earthed the module and the camera has worked glitch free after following SteveyG's advice. Thanks for the help on this - simple fix that took minutes to sort

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.