Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Megger
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When turn the ignition onr the boot decides it wants to open!! I am not pressing either the fob or the boot switch. Its a MK3 Zetec-S.

Just wondered what might cause this? damp? The car usually is in the garage but its been out in the rain for the last few days and not moved.

Going to try my spare key tomorrow just incase its a dicky fob.

·
Big Megger
238 Posts
Which type of button does your boot have to open it? Does it have the rubber button type up under the lip?

Just a thought that might be broken in some way and connecting making the boot open?

·
Little Megger
14 Posts
I have a 53 mondeo. Now, don't laugh. But I was pressure washing it the other day (I know! I know), when ker-dunk! the boot opens on it's own. Close boot. Ker-dunk! Ah. Pressure washers have a habit of forcing water where it ought not be, and I reckon some damp found it's way into the switch in the door handle. Put the car away that night into our integral garage. Am awoken at 2AM by distant, but unmistakeable ker-dunk! Yup. And 4AM, too. After two nights of this the damp must have gone away, as it's been fine since. And I've rediscovered the delights of a soapy sponge...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts