Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help???

Just got a 2004 mondeo zetec s last night. Tonight i opened the boot and cant close it again.
the boot just bounces when closed.

Central locking works fine on all the doors bar the boot.

When the button on the dash for the boot release is pressed no servo noise is heard the same goes for the key fob.

Anyone ever had this problem?

Im thinking its either a fuse or a relay. Checked the aux. fuse box for the doors and its fine.

Thanks in advance

·
Love my cheap to run Mondy's
658 Posts
Hmm. Sounds like the catch is stuck open, hence their being no noise when you push the button. It's fairly easy to see how it works if you look into the mechanism. Try pushing it down with a screwdriver and see if it will "lock" into place (and then open with the button) If it does, then it's likely the striker needs a slight adjustment on the boot lid.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
now and then i have a similar problem with my 2001 zetec , if you lift the tailgate up and look at the mechanism you can see the 'claw' that locks the hatch in place , i have found that if i 'work' the catch by hand then the lock works ok , it might help you out , then again it might not :whistling:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem sorted.

Solenoid in the boot mechanism had blown and wasnt allowing the boot catch to lock when the boot was closed.

Have removed the solenoid and the boot is now closed.

Thanks for help

·
Little Megger
5 Posts
Sorted.

Removed soleniod from lock mechanism and with small plastic cover left off closed the boot, this means you have to climb into the boot to undo in by flicking the wee lever from the inside to open the boot.

The solenoid was stuck in the retracted postion and as I was attempting to get into it , it released. I actioned it by hand a few times and it seemed fine. plugged it back into the car and it worked fine so i fitted it properly.

If it happens again i'll try just giving it a tap to see if it releases but I fully expect it to break down properly sometime.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.