Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Big Megger
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which engine mount is the one at the bottom of the engine near the back on a mk1 mondeo? its the one that always goes. i rang the car shop to get a price for one and told them its at the bottom at the back of the engine and they said theres only lower left and lower right or something? but mines smack bang in the middle. is it a hard job to do? ive got car ramps and was wondering whether id be able to do it on them or do you need a pit or proper garage ramp where it lifts your car up? i got a quote from a tyre place when i got my tracking done and they said they will do it for £69 with you part is that good or is it only a 2 min job? cheers paul

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
not worth j69.
even the curb will do, just park with one side on it and from then on you've got 4 bolts to undo.
3 holing the mount to the subframe and 1 through the center of the mount fixing it to the engine.
they all might be well tighten + a bit rusty so don't expect an easy one, but with long enough bar and decent socket set you'll be fine.
the mounts are front and rear so called "roll restrictors" and top one o/s drivers side at the top of eng above the belts, and one more holding it above the gearbox and under/behind the battery.

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
You dont have to use a jack as the top 2 mounts will hold the engine but useing a jack does help to hold the engine in place so its easier to line the bolts up

·
Still waiting to Wii
2,710 Posts
it technically isn't an engien mount, but a roll restrictor, it helps prevent the engien from torquing over

·
Big Megger
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats the one in the pic mines totally knackered. so if i ring the car shop and ask for a rear roll restrictor they will know what im on about now lol? does anyone know the price of these? many thanks for all your help paul

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
4 a year n 1/2 i replaced 2. the price is going up slowly. :(

·
Big Megger
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
4 a year lol do you drive your car hard all the time? id take them back if they broke that fast and demand another for free. any part you put on your car should at least last for a year imo. i think its on that madmole website something about putting rubber wine making bungs in the gaps and cable tying them in the gaps for extra support.

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
i got mine replaced a couple of years ago. It was an updated part and should last longer

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.