Ford Automobiles Forum banner

BP Ultimate Diesel

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  petep900 
#1 ·
Used this in the TDCI130 for the last fill up - weas surprised to find the car more responsive and less smoke on acceleration. the other thing I noticed was that the car would run at 30mph in fourth previously it did not like it all.

We usually use Tesco diesel because of the bio ethanol content has anyone had any issue with this?

I have always (wellnearly) used super in the MINI Cooper and it just feels better especially with Tesco 99 RON! But I was surprised the same with the diesel.

Anyone else found these things.

#2 ·
well how much extra are you paying for that? :tongue:

obviously if it doesn't make any difference then you would be moaning about it! :D

have been using the tesco fuel from the day i bought the car... only occasionally somewhere else due to availibility...

At the end of the day... it's really whether worth paying extra for that bit of responsiveness... but probably won't make much difference on the Mk2 TD to be honest... in comparasion with your TDCi...

Phil

#3 ·
About 5p more per litre - so not cheap - but it is much smoother.

I used to think all diesels were the same but now I realise like petrol sometimes ya pay your money and takes your choice.

I feel the TDCI 6 speed is too highly geared as at 30 the car is doing less than 1500 revs in 4th and with Tesco's it just does not like it - with the ultimate it is much nicer.

#4 ·
5p per litre.. whether worth it or not it's really personal... if it makes the car run better, why not if you can afford it?

Personally any diesel that meets the spec will do... mine is running pretty happily on Tesco diesel... which apparently have some biodiesel being mixed...

The only thing i don't want to happen is misfuelling.. other than that i don't really mind...

Also... the diesel price is reaching about 91p at the moment... and i am kind of living on a budget... there you go..

Phil

#6 ·
Haa Emission test...

just the usual thing, make sure that the engine is throughally warmed up, put the redex thing in, take it to the motorway and rev the engine right up, don't change gear till about 4000rpm and then go straight to the MOT place!

That should do the trick... if it still doesn't work then the catalyst seems to be dead already.....

Fuel wise... yeh sure for the last one or two tanks... but not all the time i think....

Regards
Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.