Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MEG Sergeant
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
easy to change and would it cost much doing it myself, or should i spend out the money to get them changed, gonna cost bout £100 i think.

cheers

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
if its the cylinders for the rear drums then i would say its easy if you like jigsaws :}

i watched the mechanic while he changed the ones in my old mk1 and it was very easy to change the actual cylinders themselves, 2 bolts and the brake pipe nut ( so long as the brake pipes are not rotted - thats the only bit that concerned him as he had been caught out with that one in the past and he said it was not a pretty bill for a simple job :} )

the only bit that looked a problem was putting the brake shoes back in correctly as it was a mass of springs & little bits of metal that hold everything together, but if you you could manage to do that then it should be a doddle, the only other thing needed to be done was the bleeding of the new cylinders and the job was done.

·
Registered
738 Posts
easy to do m8 ,but if youv'e not done brakes before pay somone or get a good m8 to help,if you do go ahead make sure you bleed both circuits and not just rear cylinders,if you don't know what i mean then please pay sombody to do it for you.

·
MEG Sergeant
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok cheers guys, will find out if i could get a hand if not then more money out of my account, lol. better to be safe than sorry tho.
:thankyousign:

cheers guys

Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.