Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Now in the Far East...
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

Just want to know what size is the brake disc (Front) on a MkII TD (2000 V Reg)...

did a very crude measurement of the thickness yesterday.. and the front disc have a rough thickness of around 21mm... and the rear is just over 18... so should i be looking at replacing it asap or will it still get on for a while?

and i have asked about the handbrake not clamping properly unless i pull the lever almost to the top.. will the thickness of the disc have anything to do with this?

my goodness i am a bit worried now... though the car still stops at will...

Cheers guys

Phil

·
irishghiax
738 Posts
siacelestar said:
Hello everyone

Just want to know what size is the brake disc (Front) on a MkII TD (2000 V Reg)...

did a very crude measurement of the thickness yesterday.. and the front disc have a rough thickness of around 21mm... and the rear is just over 18... so should i be looking at replacing it asap or will it still get on for a while?

and i have asked about the handbrake not clamping properly unless i pull the lever almost to the top.. will the thickness of the disc have anything to do with this?

my goodness i am a bit worried now... though the car still stops at will...

Cheers guys

Phil
hi m8,
front minimum is 22.20mm
rear " " is 18.00mm
both these sizes are for mk2 :L

·
Now in the Far East...
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So should i be looking into replacing the discs in the near future or is that a instant must?

Coz there is still a bit of life left in the pads and my current plan is wait till these pads wear down and then change them in one go... may well go for the Mintex boxes....

·
MEG Corporal
798 Posts
disc's thickness will not affect the brakes alot if they are within the limits you manage to measure.
Did you sort out your rear brakes?
they might need replacement after the mishap you hand with the handbrake i.e. to be more urgent.

·
Now in the Far East...
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whoops.. someone remembers about that handbrake event!:whistling:

within the limits i manage to measure... well although the measurements are crude... the only problem is that all the 'uncertainites' are all over to the positive side... so the accurate reading must be less than that...

Went down to Ford to ask about the handbrake issue.. they said this will only wear out the pads slightly quicker than normal... and the handbrake problem is probably due to a slacken cable which will needed to be adjusted... and is going to cost me £24...

And not sure whether this is true or not... i am more worried about the actual braking than the handbrake... coz i would rather rely on the proper brake system than the handbrake... whether normally or when i really need it... :innocent:

If you see what i mean... :innocent:

Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.