Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any experience of this Mintex front set? Mintex used to be a good name, not sure about it anymore.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINTEX-FRONT-BRAKE-DISC-AND-PAD-SET-FORD-MONDEO-MK-III-SALOON-2000-MDK0187-/200859543668?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AMondeo%7CCars+Year%3A2006%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+III%7CCars+Type%3A2.0+TDCi&hash=item2ec4296874

c.£50 seems like good value for a set of front discs and pads, can anyone do any better? I checked GSF and they don't seem that competitive.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
If you don't mind maker eurocarparts have a complete set (front & rear) for under £70 on ebay for my '02 car...

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Anyone got any experience of this Mintex front set? Mintex used to be a good name, not sure about it anymore.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINTEX-FRONT-BRAKE-DISC-AND-PAD-SET-FORD-MONDEO-MK-III-SALOON-2000-MDK0187-/200859543668?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AMondeo%7CCars+Year%3A2006%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+III%7CCars+Type%3A2.0+TDCi&hash=item2ec4296874

c.£50 seems like good value for a set of front discs and pads, can anyone do any better? I checked GSF and they don't seem that competitive.
they are used by quite a few on here, however, ensure you are getting mintex pads, and mintex discs, and buy from a high positive feedback seller :L The £50-ish axle kits are supposed to be good.

Your link looks like a good-un

·
Clever Clauggs
4,391 Posts
Got front Mintex discs and pad sets for Mondeo and Focus from local motor factors and have brake judder on both cars.
Mondeo developed judder braking from 40 to 30 mph after 12 months have replaced with Brembo disc and no problems after 2yrs.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Same as Mondy zetecs, I put mintex discs and pads on the rear of mine about 18 months ago and all good ☺ put mintex on the front about 3 months back, run fine for about the first 6 weeks then got terrible brake Judder after needing to brake hard in the wet from speed, turned out the disc's warped or left a pad print on them, since replaced with Brembo and can't fault them so wasted £50 or so for 6 weeks use.

Posted Via The Free TalkFord.com App

·
Registered
98 Posts
Same as Mondy zetecs, I put mintex discs and pads on the rear of mine about 18 months ago and all good ☺ put mintex on the front about 3 months back, run fine for about the first 6 weeks then got terrible brake Judder after needing to brake hard in the wet from speed, turned out the disc's warped or left a pad print on them, since replaced with Brembo and can't fault them so wasted £50 or so for 6 weeks use.

Yea I was wondering what pads and discs to upgrade to when the time comes, have seen a few people recommend Mintex but couldnt get any reviews.
Ill keep an eye out for Brembo's then when the time comes, did you get Brembo pads and discs or just the discs?

·
Registered
515 Posts

Yea I was wondering what pads and discs to upgrade to when the time comes, have seen a few people recommend Mintex but couldnt get any reviews.
Ill keep an eye out for Brembo's then when the time comes, did you get Brembo pads and discs or just the discs?
I replaced the disc's and pads to Brembo's mate, even though the mintex pads where new just thought may as well change them all, that way I know the compounds are right for each other ☺

·
Premium Member
12,458 Posts
Being using Mintex for years with out any issues, last set of disc's and pads I fitted Brembo for a change, and to be honest there nowt wrong with the Brembo ones, but I won't be fitting them again, not worth paying the extra for over the Mintex stuff. Might look at Pagid disc's next time as am told the have a anti rust coating around the edges, plus the garage I've used for my MOT's for many years say thats all they fit these days, they have moved away from Mintex. Both Pagid and MIntex are owned and made by TMD Friction.

·
Registered
98 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts