Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks.

I'm getting a brake squeel from the o/s/r when I'm not braking. It goes away as soon as I touch the brake pedal. It does it at any speed, it's almost constant when on the motorway doing anything from 60+

I held my hand near the rear wheels and I can feel heat hitting my and on the o/s and not the n/s so I'm guessing the caliper is sticking. The actual wheel is hotter on the o/s too.

Do you think it just needs cleaned up a bit or shall I need to take it into Fords?

Many thanks,

Steven.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
this was a dealer recall iirc :L

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
mine did exactly the same ( its even started to melt the wheeltrim at some point so it got hot ) and it had already been in for the official ford fix that relates to the rear brakes.

took it to a garage & had the disc's & pads changed ( due to dodgy wear on them & not the noise ) but while it was in they cleaned up & greased a few bits & the noise was gone & rarely returned.

then the fronts started giving out the same noise but not as bad but this stopped when i took the brakes apart & cleaned them all up ( front & rear ) & painted the calipers after getting some alloys and since then i cant say i have heard a peep from either the front or the rear.

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, thanks. I'll give Vardy's a call tommorow to enquire about recalls and what not.

:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.