Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Anyone got any idea what size brake pads I need for the front of my Ford Mondeo 2002 Estate? I've put my details into Eurocarparts and it's coming up with 3 different sizes (width and height - does the thickness matter?).

I'm going outside now to see if I can measure but incase I get confused (which happens a lot) I thought I'd ask on here.

Also, anyone know any good tutorials on changing anti roll bar links? In the Haynes manual it talks about going in the drivers footwell, doing stuff to the steering column and steering gear, holding the radiator, disconnecting wiring, and many other things. Sounds confusing as hell but I've been told it's easy!

Cheers!

Jason

·
Super Moderator
30,049 Posts
Only one size of pads for the front of a Mondeo.

Are you sure your not getting the rears which did change over the years.

The later 10/2004 onwards rears are smaller but cost more?

What part numbers are you looking at? I will have a look.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yeh sorry that's me being an idiot. Yeh just seen that there were two options for rears and only one for the front.

Cheers for replying though because I wouldn't have double checked if you didn't.

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,170 Posts
Hi All,

Anyone got any idea what size brake pads I need for the front of my Ford Mondeo 2002 Estate? I've put my details into Eurocarparts and it's coming up with 3 different sizes (width and height - does the thickness matter?).

I'm going outside now to see if I can measure but incase I get confused (which happens a lot) I thought I'd ask on here.

Also, anyone know any good tutorials on changing anti roll bar links? In the Haynes manual it talks about going in the drivers footwell, doing stuff to the steering column and steering gear, holding the radiator, disconnecting wiring, and many other things. Sounds confusing as hell but I've been told it's easy!

Cheers!

Jason
Have another look in the Haynes manual :)
Perhaps you were reading how to remove the ANTI ROLL BAR and links !

The links removal instructions might start at section 8 where it just says to use a spanner and Allen key on each nut securing the drop link :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts