Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The waiting time for a new Ford EcoSport has now been extended to 8 months in India. This is probably due to the higher demand for the new SUV than Ford India had expected, as well as, the slow manufacturing time. I can imagine the frustration of buyers hearing this news. I don't think I've ever waited more than a week for my new car to come in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can see why, the middle class is India is growing rapidly and a lot of younger families there want something economical while still providing the practicality of a 4x4. A lot of people there also want to move away from the usual low priced cars such as superminis and hatchbacks and instead drive something a little less common in India. The demand should have probably been expected by Ford.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can see why, the middle class is India is growing rapidly and a lot of younger families there want something economical while still providing the practicality of a 4x4. A lot of people there also want to move away from the usual low priced cars such as superminis and hatchbacks and instead drive something a little less common in India. The demand should have probably been expected by Ford.
Yes. Ford underestimated sales. They should have learned a thing or two from Renault's success in the country.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'll bet these vehicles are really, really going to take off over there! I hope they can get their act together and get it so that they can keep up with demand. This is a good thing for both the people who live in India and Ford!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts