Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Buying HID Lights

673 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Biggaz 
#1 ·
hey guys,
i am looking to buy some HID conversion kits for my MK2 mondeo TD, can anyone tell me if these are any good
HID Lights
the modal i looking at is the diamond white 6000k ones.
Also if anyone could give me any pointers on HID light it would be welcomed. i have looked at a few but i dont no what i looking at really.

#3 ·
cheers mate, i always start the engine then put the light and always switch the lights off before turning off the engine as i know that if i put light on first or turn the engine off first you get voltage spikes which can blow the bulbs :)
once again cheers for the info and we'll see what santa brings me :)

Dazman85

#4 ·
With HID it's a different problem. They draw high amps for the first second and then settle. You'll get even more amps due to the lower voltage when the engine is not running (Ohm's Law). That can take out the fuse.

No problem turning off when they are working as they only draw 3-4 amps then.

#6 ·
Thanks mate that would be great.
also does anyone know how easy they are to install, as the only thing i am worried about is how to connect them to the dipped beam, aka the switch.

Cheers

Dazman85

#8 ·
ah i thought it would be something like that but i just wanted to make sure so i dint oneday get in my car and start her up and it go bang and smoke then come off the fronts lights

#10 ·
cheers mate, they seem relitivly simple to install and very clean too. thank you very much for the pictures and the help!

Dazman85

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.