Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, anybody ever replaced the c-max badge before?

my Ford grand c-max 61 plate is booked in to have the boot lid resprayed due to a shoddy repair before I purchased it.

The car didn’t have the c-max badge when I bought it so after the repair is carried out I’m looking to replace the badge.

my question is, has anyone had to replace it and if so is there some kind of measurements available so as that I can place it as close to where it originally would have been when factory fitted.

many help or advice would be appreciated.

thank you.

·
Big Megger
3,069 Posts
Best bet is to go to a ford dealer and get the part number (if they will give you it) and also see what price they charge,( it may be £20-30 for a genuine Ford part), then trawl through Ebay to find one that's cheaper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Best bet is to go to a ford dealer and get the part number (if they will give you it) and also see what price they charge,( it may be £20-30 for a genuine Ford part), then trawl through Ebay to find one that's cheaper.
Thanks for the reply.

I have sourced a genuine part from eBay.

my question was more is there any measurements or diagrams as such that will show me where to place the badge as close to where it perhaps would of been when the car was manufactured.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does this pic help - shows where badge is located you should be able to work out the position from the pic.
Hi, it’s the C-MAX lettering on the boot lid that I’m looking to replace as opposed to the Ford oval badge in the centre.
to be honest I was thinking of just pulling up a picture on google and going off of that but I was just curious as to whether there was anything on the internet about specific location of the lettering.

thank you anyway though, appreciate the help.

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,465 Posts
I know some body repair guys go and look for identical cars on supermarket car parks and measure them up, that if they don't get arrested first, ha ha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know some body repair guys go and look for identical cars on supermarket car parks and measure them up, that if they don't get arrested first, ha ha
Haha! I said that exact same thing to my wife earlier. There is a C-max around the corner from me, I said to her I’m going to wait until it gets dark and go there with a tape measure and torch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts