Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I recently ran into an issue where i found that the battery of my (stored) second keyfob was flat and even after replacing with a fresh one, refused to work. So now i only got my first keyfob.
Is there a procedure to "relearn" or better "reactivate" the second key? IDS shows me that there where 2 keyfobs stored in KVM (RFA) module.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey guys! I recently ran into an issue where i found that the battery of my (stored) second keyfob was flat and even after replacing with a fresh one, refused to work. So now i only got my first keyfob.
Is there a procedure to "relearn" or better "reactivate" the second key? IDS shows me that there where 2 keyfobs stored in KVM (RFA) module.
I have the same problem my second key not used for 6 months put in new Maxell battery wont open car manual says any key that has been left in the car will be disabled to enable unlock the car with your passive key or remote all the passive keys will be enabled but that did not work. The other thing that has happened twice in the past month is key not detected this is why I was getting my second key working.

·
Registered
916 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To clear this - the battery i've used says 3 volts measured without load but where weak and break down when used. As i changed with the one in a working key i could use the "old" key! So i only good a bad lot.

The keyless keys never looser their programming, regardless of how long they are unpowered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts