Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

After a few weeks of deliberation I decided to take the plunge and go for a new Edge.

It took some configuration to try and keep it under the 40K MRRP to try and avoid the ridiculous tax loop the UK Government seems to have placed on those of us that want to enjoy our driving...

Went in to my dealer, configured it, only to find out he could not place an order, in fact there were no vehicles that came anywhere near the spec I wanted.

I know there is a Face lifted Edge coming out but at the moment with 0% finance and my 2015 Mondeo still worth about £14.5k if I wait then I will not get this deal and prob end up paying more.

I cannot get any dates or anything out of anyone and do not want to go for a stock car that has only half the features I want.

Does anyone know when dealers will be able to place orders or get the spec of the face lifted Edge... or why they cannot place a new order?

·
Big Megger
3,045 Posts
Can't help with your query, but on looking on Fords website, i see it's only available as a diesel, which seems odd considering the Gov't want to kill them off.

Where's the petrol heads piece of the pie. :)

·
Big Megger
3,045 Posts
Reactions: Vlad Soare

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the no help guys ;-) I agree though about Diesel and Petrol engines... bit short sighted by ford I was unhappy that the only choice of Petrol I had for my Mondeo was a 1.5 eco tech so I went for the 2:0 Diesel in the end.

I could have stayed with another Mondeo or as you say go for a Mustang but impracticable for what I need. but they are too low now to get in and out of for me so want something thats a bit easier on my back ;-)

Ford should start to go back to Petrols and they should do it now but now its this 'One Ford' its doubtful that will happen on the middle and top end cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts