Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Can't Play Back Htc Desire S Music Through Usb, Works Thru Bt

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  dhenryuk 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm getting "unsupported device" when plugging in my HTC Desire S via USB.

Does anybody know how to get a Desire S on gingerbread 2.3.5 to be recognised by the head unit over USB?

I can live with AD2P bluetooth streaming which works fine but it doesn't display track info.

It would be really handy to have it working through the usb port as this would display track and artist info and also charge the phone (this bit works).

The latest USB firmware doesn't fix this BTW.

Cheers

Darren

#2 ·
I know it might sound obvious, but have you set the phone for "mass storage device"? When you plug it into the USB, the phone gives you the choice of mass storage or charge only.

#4 ·
Yes already done that, I'm in IT so already tried the obvious, Usb stick works Desire S doesn't. I'm pretty sure it is to do with android OS or the format of the sd card/internal memory. Just posted this to see if anyone has successfully connected it with Usb.

#5 ·
I have a desire s and that works perfectly with my JVC head unit usb port. Apart from the obvious i have no idea.

#7 ·
Have you got the music on the root of the internal storage or SD card, thinking the car can't see any music files so does nothing as it won't look down the file structure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.