Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Nottz Megger
2016 Focus MK3 Titanium + City Pack + Sync3 + MK3.5 IPC
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im trying to replace my bulbs in my Mk3 54 plate mondy but I cant remove the grill, in the manual it says turn the clip things and remove the screw from the middle but ours dont have no screw in the middle. Been trying for a few hours but dont want to force it just incase it breaks.

It seems to be attached to bumper or something... Can anyone advise?

·
wbumanagh
8,607 Posts
You have to pull it towards you, it has several clips on the bumper that it is attached to. Wiggle and firmly pull it mate. Good luck :)

·
Nottz Megger
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I will give it another try the last thing I wanted to do is break the grill for some bulbs that dont really need changing... You know what they say "If it aint broke dont fix it"

·
wbumanagh
8,607 Posts
heh very true mate. There is a hook clip thing, so maybe push it down and pull forward will help. Taken mine off many times, hehe

·
Nottz Megger
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All sorted now, think it tooker longer because its never been taken off before... H1 and H7 bulbs in and will see how they look 2nite... My only one problem was I bought some 6led 501 wedge type bulbs but they too wide and wont go in!!!

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts
Aparently to put them in, you drop the bulb in the one of the holes for the main bulbs and hold it in place as you 'plug it in'

·
Nottz Megger
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will give it another try 2mw too cold and getting dark, thanks for the tip

·
Nottz Megger
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GingaGizmo said:
Aparently to put them in, you drop the bulb in the one of the holes for the main bulbs and hold it in place as you 'plug it in'
Had a go and I dont think it is possible to be honest... Might just have to buy different side lights, I dont see how I will get them to fit, and they the 5led not 6led.

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
Why not take the lamp unit into the house to try?

·
Megger
165 Posts
FlashBastd said:
Why not take the lamp unit into the house to try?
Yep isn't it wonderful how easily the whole headlamp assembly can be removed?
I just scrapped my '95 Scorpio which was a nice car but it was a nightmare when it came to changing bulbs.

·
Formerly known as cilla black
15,701 Posts
sick of taking my headlights out, to put in beiiger sidelights you would have to open up the light, wouldn't advise it.

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
DaSingh said:
GingaGizmo said:
Had a go and I dont think it is possible to be honest... Might just have to buy different side lights, I dont see how I will get them to fit, and they the 5led not 6led.
LED sidelights are possible but the bulbs have to be no wider than the normal 501 wedge bulb for the mk3, it does not look possible to get wider bulbs in any other way ( apart from dismantling the light of course but thats just too much )

I have chucked a set of cheap LED sidelights in my mk3 to test them out as i have been told that they do not last long due to the heat from the other bulbs melting them. ( my main bulbs have been upgraded so it may be even worse heatwise )

The LEDs i have cost me £2.50 for 2 and are a single LED with a cap to spread the light, the sidelight lense helps even out the light even more and its brighter than a normal bulb when looking straight at them but they loose brightness at an angle so they are only stopping in until i find a shop that sell the brighter ones that will fit. ( gotta be a shop for me as then i can see they fit before i buy them, the nets nice and cheap but piccies can be misleading )

One last thought though, is the entire LED bulb to chunky or is it just the LED's at the end that are too wide, if just the LEDs then is it possible to sand them down a touch ( :tonofbricks: no shouting please ) to make them fit, no reflectors for the sidelights so as long as the light comes out the end of the LEDs the sides should not matter. ( only an option if you have no other use for them or cannot return them :L )

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
they look exactly like the ones i have at the minute. :L

·
Nottz Megger
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys didnt want to dismantal the headlight itself so I just bought a pair of 4led sidelight instead hopefully these will fit if not I will probz just order the ones johnnyb pointed out. Should come by end of nextweek so will take pics and post. Thanks for the replies

1 - 15 of 15 Posts