Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Big Megger
243 Posts
ive just started a new job delivery driving and there is 3 of these in a front yard that i pass en route prob not rs but that year

·
AKA The Twigg!
9,331 Posts
the rs2600. little brother of the rs3100 or known as the spa special.

seen a couple of them about at classic car shows. IIRC Mellow yellow had one of the 2600`s years ago. they are dead rare though as the engine is not as prepped as the 3100. the 3100 was an essex V6 bored out to 3100 with high lift cam etc.
another good one is the tickford. i do miss my 3lt s lol

Dan

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
as much as i love the shape/style of them, when i got a 2.8i v6 i was expecting much more in the way of power and handling. it seemed to be alot of noise but not much else!

·
Resident Old Fart !
7,070 Posts
I used to drive the bosses RS3.1 quite regular when i worked in the garage and always thought it was the best car on the road and prefered that to any of the 2.8's :)
Ps: should add that i meant it was the best car on the road at the time .not now lol

·
AKA The Twigg!
9,331 Posts
percybigun said:
as much as i love the shape/style of them, when i got a 2.8i v6 i was expecting much more in the way of power and handling. it seemed to be alot of noise but not much else!
phill not the power mate. its the way the rear end used to throw out on them cars. even the 2lt could get twitchy on the rear end.
if you was a learner you would have a bag of ballast in the boot. or 2 paving slabs or a lead weight welded onto the boot floor. then it wouldnt be so bad. i have seen people that say RWD is pants drive a capri and hit lamposts and kerbs as they step on the gas way too soon. only thing to come close on the rear end was the 2WD cossie.

Dan :driving:

·
ME
5,869 Posts
I had a 1.6 Laser and could get the back end out with ease. I did it once leaving work, road was damp and I got the back end right round that I was now facing the car that had been behind me. Dropped the clutch and it straightened up with ease and shot off up the road. Probably frightened the life out of the bloke in the car behind me. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts