Ford Automobiles Forum banner

central locking

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  siruncle 
#1 ·
hiya,i bought a X reg 1.4 focus. the guy told me it needed a new battery in the key to work the central locking,i put new key in and it still didnt work.I then checked the fuse at the back of the fusebox in the glove compartment and that was fine. I would appreciate any more ideas as to what i can do,many thanks

#3 ·
try putting a key in the ignition and turn it to position 2 and back to 0, four times in rapid succession, the immobiliser light should come on permanently, at this point, remove the key and press a button on the fob.

have a read of this, although its for a mondeo, it should work just the same.
http://www.mirez.co.uk/KeyProg.htm

#5 ·
its difficult to tell if your fob's working when its rf, my old digibox picked up any stray infra red and flashed a light, but won't see radio frequency signals, the only thing i can suggest is check to make sure the contacts are touching the battery, most of the time rf and ir keys can survive a trip in the washing machine as long as they don't get boilwashed...

it might be that the buttons inside the fob on the board are knackered hence no result, are you getting the "waiting for signal" permanently on red light?

#8 ·
tried a different key in the door? (the spare?) usually its not as worn, if that doesn't work in the drivers door, it might be that the lock mech in the drivers door is playing up/faulty

#10 ·
pop the door card off and check connections on lock, might be worth lubricating the parts, i bet they are still on the original grease stuff from factory!

worth a try and pretty cheap fix if it sorts it out!

#12 ·
£21, not £20... lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.