Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a cheap sat nav,anyone any ideas where best place is or does anyone have one going even cheaper 2nd hand
 

·
MEG Captain
Joined
·
4,819 Posts
depends how cheap you want , somerfield supermarkets were dong a garmin i3 for £100 , halfrauds are selling it for £200 :loopy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
if you have a contract mobile the cheapest way is to get a smartphone and then get tomtom mobile for it. (even cheaper if you get the software through illegitimate means :whistling: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
pjkais said:
Do you not still need a GPS receiver with a smart phone?
yep, (there are a few exceptions but ones with gps built in tend to be pants-taking ages to get a fix and lack of software support), but a gps receiver is only £45 -making it pretty cheap gps setup! (if you buy the legit tomtom it comes with GPS receiver and it is a nice one with SIRFIII chipset)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just about to get a nokia n70 so should that work and where would you get that software really cheap,not going to get it as i will buy at full price but would just like to know about the cheap software
 

·
Big Megger
Joined
·
174 Posts
If you go to the Carphone warehouse crowd, they have an instore offer on for the n70, with the sat nav stuff for the phone as a free bundle. Just cant remember what network it was with or if it was network specific.
 

·
Just me
Joined
·
19,673 Posts

·
MEG Captain
Joined
·
4,819 Posts
thats the way i am going to go when i do it , then i will have satnav and a useful pda for my failing memory :loopy: :D :D :D
 

·
Posts: 34155
Joined
·
1,823 Posts
paulyoung666 said:
depends how cheap you want , somerfield supermarkets were dong a garmin i3 for £100 , halfrauds are selling it for £200 :loopy:
I have this one and i love it.

Its small enough to put in your pocket when you get out the car and not too big it covers your windscreen.

People slate it for having a smallish screen but you dont really use the screen, you listen to the woman shout directions at you.

Actually saying that.. it would have been cheaper gettin our lass a map :whistling: :whistling: :L :L :L
 

·
MEG Captain
Joined
·
4,819 Posts
but then you would have had the arguments about her being a superior map reader and you being a crap listener , you did the right thing and i plan on doing it soon as well :D :D :D
 

·
Never knowingly understood
Joined
·
23,164 Posts
sm1thson said:
pjkais said:
Do you not still need a GPS receiver with a smart phone?
yep, (there are a few exceptions but ones with gps built in tend to be pants-taking ages to get a fix and lack of software support), but a gps receiver is only £45 -making it pretty cheap gps setup! (if you buy the legit tomtom it comes with GPS receiver and it is a nice one with SIRFIII chipset)
I was considering the Sat Nav thing for me Nokia 9300.... What TomTom kit should I look for then? Cheers,Andy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
MScotts said:
I was considering the Sat Nav thing for me Nokia 9300.... What TomTom kit should I look for then? Cheers,Andy.
Tom tom mobile! but note the common version is for series 60 and your phone is series 80, so you need the series 80 version.

glenst24 said:
just about to get a nokia n70 so should that work and where would you get that software really cheap,not going to get it as i will buy at full price but would just like to know about the cheap software
the cheapest ways arent the legal ways so i cant discuss that on here!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
i have the software and a bluetooth gps receiver for sale as i just bought one of them garmin i3's from halfords who have reduced to £130.

also have a bel radar detector going as well as i uploaded the speed cameras onto the i3 !!!

works beautifull !!!!!!!!!!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top