Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the other day I was cleaning the car out and noticed the carpet was not sitting right near the acelarater pedal so I set to push it back right? And to my suprise it felt lumpy. So I pulled it away. And found 4 pens one set of house keys and four pound were you think did there come from?????? Well the pull down cubby box or coin box next to the sterring lock if you put to much stuff in it falls down the back and drops down the back of the carpet so going to phone the last owner and see if he wants his house keys back not the coins thou

· Super Moderator
18,966 Posts
Just the other day I was cleaning the car out and noticed the carpet was not sitting right near the acelarater pedal so I set to push it back right? And to my suprise it felt lumpy. So I pulled it away. And found 4 pens one set of house keys and four pound were you think did there come from?????? Well the pull down cubby box or coin box next to the sterring lock if you put to much stuff in it falls down the back and drops down the back of the carpet so going to phone the last owner and see if he wants his house keys back not the coins thou
nice find... ol

the £4 is for a pint, being as you found his/her keys. :L

· Dirty old Megger
1,417 Posts
Yeah. The little driver's glove box. I use mine to stash the iPhone, as I have my iPod cable coming out there.

Maybe I should line it with felt, to give it a little less rattle.

1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:gayfight: just informed the last owner about his keys and he is over the moon these keys were for his brand new house and thought some body who borrowed the car took them as a joke lol :naughty: so asked if i could post them out all to happy to help and the plus side im getting a few free beers chucked in :beer: :beer: so the moral to this story check down the back you never no because theres nothing stopping any thing going down the back of the carpet :smoking:

· Little Megger
134 Posts
Looks like the last people to have my car have beaten me to it (GK Fords Chesterfield) and not put the carpet back properly either, ggrrr.

Sean.
The carpet above my throttle pedal hangs down as well.

1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like the last people to have my car have beaten me to it (GK Fords Chesterfield) and not put the carpet back properly either, ggrrr.

Sean.
The carpet above my throttle pedal hangs down as well.
:eek13: found any thing of intrest apart from all the wires odd coins codoms panties lol :banana:

· Super Moderator
18,966 Posts
£4? Nice find!

I get excited whenever I find upwards of 20p under my seat. It's a very VERY happy moment when I find £1 though.

I wish the MK3 had more handy places for coins. The best one I've found so far, is in the gearstick gaitor. Easy to scoop up in a hurry :)
there is that coin stash between the seat rails and the centre tunnel where the coins either get wedged so you can't get at them, or manage to get stuck in the rail itself so you can't move the seat.

If you need a bit of change, there's the usual place lol

Under the back seat is also usually a good place to check, the bonus being it more than likely wasn't yours to begin with.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.