Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I've used it before, very handy :)

My current Mondy had done over 100k miles in it's first 5 years, then only 18k in the 4 years after that before I got it. Must have been some motorway rep rocket in its early life :}

·
If it ain't broke I'll still try to fix it
989 Posts
Well the dealer I bought mine off had to do a few things to make it roadworthy for me:

Reason(s) for refusal to issue Certificate

Offside Front Front position lamp(s) not working (1.1.A.2b)

Offside Rear Registration plate lamp not working (1.1.5c)

Offside Front Headlamp aim too low (1.8)

Nearside Front Direction indicators incorrect colour (1.4.A.2d)

Nearside Rear Tyre(s) is incorrect because different size tyres are fitted on the same axle. (4.1.A.1a)

Rear Parking brake lever has no reserve travel (3.1.6b)

Nearside Front Bonded suspension unit bonding failed and part of unit is likely to become displaced (2.4.F.2)

Offside Front Bonded suspension unit bonding failed and part of unit is likely to become displaced (2.4.F.2)

Offside Front Steering rack gaiter split (2.2.D.2d)

Advisory Notice issued

No brack fluid in resvoir **DANGEROUS**

I would never have guessed though, because it's been absolutely perfect since I bought it. (touch wood)

Although they obviously couldn't be bothered to fix the tracking which was something like 25 deg out when I bought it!

What's a bonded suspension unit? slightly worrying. And what kind of idiot puts different sized tyres on the same axle?

·
MEG Corporal
1,019 Posts
rudeboymick said:
Nearside Front Bonded suspension unit bonding failed and part of unit is likely to become displaced (2.4.F.2)

Offside Front Bonded suspension unit bonding failed and part of unit is likely to become displaced (2.4.F.2)

Advisory Notice issued

No brack fluid in resvoir **DANGEROUS**

What's a bonded suspension unit? slightly worrying.
the suspension parts which your car failed on it has'nt even got !

there the type of suspension parts used on a mini
!!!
i take it he ment the arm bushs & should of failed it as that

as for the low fluid dagerous.........

he should of refused to test it before he started it or at least failed it......

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just re-bouncing the topic .. there's a new page in the gov website to see the full MOT history (including faults) of a vehicle https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

VERY useful for looking at the history of a car, you might be thinking of buying ...

There's also the tax (and MOT) checker site https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

A little bit off topic, but the other site I really like is https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/

You can type in the details of make and model and it tells you how many's left, but also statistics on how many are SORN over winter and re-registered during the spring .... :)

how.JPG

You can even see owners SORNing cars over the winter ...
smiley1.gif

rs2000.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts