Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
MEG's resident oven
11,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after aston having chicken pox 2 weeks ago,amy broke out in spots yeaterday :( dont seem to be bothering her that much yet which is good!! just makes her restless in the evening times/night.

Im now a very tired mummy lol.

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
It's not nice seeing them having chicken pox. There is only so much you can do to help them.

Hopefully she will get over it soon and not leave any scars :L

·
MEG's resident oven
11,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
astons started drying up within 3 days so hopefully amys will be the same
thanks guys :)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
take it easy kerry you are doing a exelent job :L

and dont forget to hit them with a bit of camamile lotion (or however its spelled) everynow and then :L

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Better for kids to get it now than when they are adults (as I can testify!).

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
DavePage said:
Better for kids to get it now than when they are adults (as I can testify!).
we all say this but how do we know, as nobody gets them as a kid and an adult?

or is it cuz kids are better at dealing with these things than us adults :whistling:

·
Still waiting to Wii
2,710 Posts
it is actually far more svere when you're an adult, it's basiaclly a nuisance when you're a kid but can be life threatening after puberty.

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
jarhedch said:
it is actually far more svere when you're an adult, it's basiaclly a nuisance when you're a kid but can be life threatening after puberty.
so kids are better at dealing with it then.

see we must be wimps.

·
MEG's resident oven
11,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ivan said:
take it easy kerry you are doing a exelent job :L

and dont forget to hit them with a bit of camamile lotion (or however its spelled) everynow and then :L
yeah ive got another big bottle at the ready!! everything went pink for a few days when aston had them,looks like its happening again now :} :} :}

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
russdaz said:
jarhedch said:
so kids are better at dealing with it then.

see we must be wimps.
Not sure why its much worse for adults - it just is. You can get encephalitis (sp?) which is swelling of the brain tissue. I got a mild version of this and sort of had hallucinations and at one point I though about jumping out of the window if I felt any worse cause I was feeling that ill. Its the wierdest thing ever cause I really meant it - and it was a real sober decision, funny when I think about it.

I just kept taking co-codamol and pyritone whenever I woke up - so basically slept for a week. Trust me, its not pleasant as an adult!

·
still lost
1,372 Posts
its not nice when matt came down with it it was my summer holiday an id been sharing a drink with him all day so i got it but in my mouth an made eveything feel like swallowing glass

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
its better for kids to have these things sooner rather than later.

·
AWOL
19,522 Posts
Fingers crossed it goes away soon - you are having "pox parties" right?

Apparently, when me or my friends came down with stuff as kids our Mums would phone around and arrange a "party" so that we all got the disease of the day over and done with...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts