Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C max 1.6 2008 how does the mirror hold in the closed position? my ham fisted wife pulled it down now I can't get it to stay closed

·
Registered
928 Posts
I don't know the definitive answer because I didn't even know such a thing existed.

But seeing as no-one has responded .

It appears to be a fitment in place of a sunglasses holder.

Which suggests to me it is a similar design.

The sunglasses holder has to be pushed upward to activate a "Clip" that then releases and lets the holder down if i was to pull down instead of pushng up first it would break that clip and no longer close.

Could that be what has happened?

The clip would be in the middle but no doubt hidden by the mirror when it is down.

If I am way off I apologise but it does give an idea of what it may entail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
''The sunglasses holder has to be pushed upward to activate a "Clip" that then releases and lets the holder down if i was to pull down instead of pushng up first it would break that clip and no longer close.''

^ This.

I have the same car, the same problem and possibly the same wife as she did exactly the same. I found a tiny plastic clip in the footwell that had snapped off after her heavy-handedness.

·
Registered
2008 Ford C-max 1.6 TDCi 90hp Zetec Sea Grey
3 Posts
I had the same problem with mine, except it broke itself not by pulling on it. There's a pin at the side that controls the opening and closing. I went to a scrapyard to find a replacement, but the one there had the same problem. I ended up finding a Mondeo with a working sunglasses holder that fits in place of the mirror, and I never used the mirror anyway, so bought that and swapped the sunglasses holder over the driver's door for a handle. Got both the light surround and the grab handle for £11 so very happy with that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts