Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get my 53 plate tdci ghia x chipped/remapped soon. just a few questions really.

What sort of torque can the standard clutch take? is it rared to around 290lb/ft?

Have any of you guys experienced clutch slip with a chip/remap?

Having come from an ibiza tdi with 185bhp and 300lb/ft of torque, clutch slip was a big issue and driving it became a bit of a night mare, and so i want a map thats going to limit the torque so it doesnt slip, can any tuners do this?

Oh and Is bluefin worth £500 compared to the £250 for a tuning box? Who are the other tuners who can alter the map?

Thanks in advance

Adam

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I'd go with a tuning box every time personally. Yes, a remap is ultimately better, but it's very marginal and not worth the extra dosh over a tuning box, imho. Also remember, you can sell on a tuning box, you can't with a remap, so the actual cost of ownership is much much less :D

Never had any problems with clutch slip, etc with any of the tuning boxes I've run on my Mondeo so I'm guessing the clutch is very understressed!

Chris

·
Registered
346 Posts
Mine had a remap last week, now it has 150bhp and 365nm torque. Car is definately faster and pulls very very very well.

I paid 225 euro for it, that's about 160 pounds, hehe :whistling:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do you mean by different?

I thought the gains woould have been a bit more tbh..

my 130bhp ibiza tdi saw 185bhp with a remap and fmic.

What boost pressure does the turbo run at standard/chipped?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.