Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please help,i have a mondeo 2.0 tdci 130 s estate 02 reg 120k bought six months ago and what a car till now,when i start in morning it runs very rough and jittery with grey smoke and the engine sounds like theres a tinker under the bonnet banging pans together,after approx 30 seconds it clears and is ok,my son followed me as i gave it some welly and he says the exhaust puts out a little grey smoke on acceleration when driven fast,the dealer i got it from said he had it serviced/mot,d before i collected it,the car had brake pipes/bulbs/pads for mot which a guy from quickfit said they,d been done when i changed the oil 3 months ago,also when the dealer serviced the car they put a new aux belt and tensioner on the engine of which i can see the new belt under bonnet,clutch sounds same down and up,can anyone throw any light on the problem please,john.

·
Super Moderator
30,326 Posts
Glowplugs working?

Injectors leaking fuel into the cylinders whilst parked?

Leaking off too much when running?

·
lolbro
58 Posts
Hi oldfordnut (me too!)
I had the same problem with an old Talbot diesel
campervan (hence my login name) It was cured
with a new set of glow plugs. Try that first as I
dont recall it being an expensive job.

·
MEG Corporal
5,689 Posts
0k Jon.. its a long time since tinkers beat cans anywhere nowadays they drive mercs and fancy motors and have more money than bankers. lol ..most are in the iron and steal business .. they iron their pants by day and ill let you guess what they do by night . lloll any way on the premace that the motor is a tdci . as you only call it a td . all are td but anyway if its a tdci then its most likely down to a faulty electronc injector . or injectors . as there may be two falulty ......i dont recon its glow plugs ..as the the full symptoms are not present .. anyway these motors in this climate will start and run quite normally withe four faulty glow plugs as proven on utube where the dude disconnects the glowplug circuit and starts and runs the motor quite normally . I have also driven a mondeo with four bad gone completely glow plugs and it started and drove ok . .. so i recon you shuld get a leak off test done on the injectors ..or if you can do it yourself . i recon its defo bad injectors or pump. . but it your motor is a tddi .. then it will also have a rear underslung diesel lift pump which are also prone to go l.. if it has one get this tested or just replace it as it can also cause similar problems.s

1 - 5 of 5 Posts