Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Megger
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My 6-disc CD changer seems to have packed up and I was thinking of getting a new one anyway. I found the following and thought it looked pretty cool:

http://www.clarionworld.co.uk/stock/wxz468rmp.asp

I know the mk2 has a 1.5DIN as oppose to a double-DIN aperture but was wondering if it would be a fairly easy bit of modification to get it to fit?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

IM

·
MEG's resident oven
11,381 Posts
yu can get 2 din size radios in a mk2 dash, i did it but decided against keepin it. i had to cut the lip from the top and bottom of inside the plastic din hole. there is about 3mm top and bottom to trim.

·
Megger
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Kerry :L Might take the current HU out and have a look, see if it's within my (admittedly crap) capabilities.

Cheers (and a Happy New Year!)

Ian

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
a dremel type tool should sort it out :L

·
It was 49.95
10,123 Posts
or use a mk1 dash and replace teh heater panel, ull have a flat heater panel but a double din hole, and clarion, top dog fella!

·
Megger
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply mate :) To be honest I'm gonna abandon this line of though and just get either a Ford replacement (maybe a 6006 thing) or a single-DIN after market job.

Cheers for your help though :L

Ian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.