Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

im about to start a little valeting business on teh side for modified cars,

just wondering how hard it is to polish engine bling? does it take ages? how much shud i charge?

cheers
jt

·
MEG Sergeant
1,543 Posts
it's a matter of making sure no prints get on it and you don't use anything to abrasive to make swirl marks on it when you polish it.

A lint free cloth that has been washed first and autoglym metal polish seems to do the trick for me

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
I gave up completely after a while, just used to wipe it with a cloth with a bit of WD on it. Looked good enough for me, but not perfect. Hence I shaln't be having a blinged engine bay again, too lazy!

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DJCULTURE said:
it's a matter of making sure no prints get on it and you don't use anything to abrasive to make swirl marks on it when you polish it.

A lint free cloth that has been washed first and autoglym metal polish seems to do the trick for me
how long does it take? as i polish my exhaust lol but dont have much engine bling to polish, so i dont know what to charge....

·
MEG Sergeant
1,543 Posts
depends on how engine bling and clean pipes are under there.
And you have to be intricate in some areas and make sure you leave no traces of cleaner

·
IS BACK!!
2,976 Posts
DJCULTURE said:
autoglym metal polish might be a bit too abrasive for highly polished stainless, i use it on my exhaust but only because it gets seriously covered in cack. underbonnet bling would probably only ever get watermarks on it so what i do is give it a quick wipe over with a WET chamois then either a coat of meguiars gold class or autoglym super resin polish, works a treat! :L

1 - 7 of 7 Posts