Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looked at my garage the other day and realised how much id spent on cleaning products!!!

lol look at this pic, just ordered some meguiars stuff too!

·
Big Megger
416 Posts
nearly as much as me !!
seriously though , i use alot of autoglym gear,(got a valeting pack for me 40th) i find the resin polish & glass cleaner excellent.i used wheel cleaner and it was rubbish , not as good as wonder wheels , and the tar remover i have in a gift pack was quite poor also.
whats the best stuff to use on the dash ? i dont want anything that leaves it sticky and really shiny .

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive used a few things on my dash,

the best i used was simoniz cockpit clean , matt finish,

smelt lovely and lasted for weeks, doesnt attract the ddust at all,

ive used that turtle wax interior shine stuff a couple cans of the stuff in my pic and its really bad, smells nice but doesnt last, makes it too shinny.......

also recommend a warm bucket of water and washing up liquid, wipe the dash wtih it does the job and costs nothing!

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tims_v6 said:
we will be seeing that lot in the for sale section shortly :} :}

sorry John couldn resist it.
lmao u probably will as well!

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lmao @ shine by road grime,

lol like i said ive got more coming soon!
some meguiars metal polish, step 3, NXT carwash, wheel brushes, more polishing cloths, wonder wheels, meguiars scratch x

my god theres more on my list too! i always get carried away!
:(

i used that turtle wax , wax it wet the other day to top up my shine after a clean and its bloody brilliant, tim_v6 i really recommmend it so easy and quick to use plus it makes ur car gleam!

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
last time i went and bought polish wheel cleaner, leather cleaner, engine cleaner,cloths, polishing bonnets etc i spent £90 :whistling: mainly autoglym, but i use it on my bike alot too

·
Little Megger
21 Posts
Probably got about the same amount as you Shorty!

I have just recently tried the 3 step meguiars system and all i can say is WOW! It gives the car a top quality shine and the paint feels as smooth as a cashmere codpiece :}

One thing, i advise you to wash all your sponges and cloths as you have layed them down on the floor and you could have a lot of grit and things caught in the fibres.... I'm a geek for noticing but what the hell :eyesup:

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol i know, id never wash my car with dirty cloths bud, everytime i use my wash mit on my car i ring it out and bang it a bit before putting it back in the bucket :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts