Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident Wrestling Legend
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello again, this is probably nthe wrong section but i dind't know where else to put it

my uncle has got himself a new mondeo and he's got the climate control gubbins in it, but there is no auto button like i have on mine, so is it climate control or not?

this got me to thinking and i've had a look at a few pics of interiurs and they seem to have disspeaered from the 2004 models onwards

anyone else noticed this? andis there a way to get it to set the temp like the older cars or not (he's old, he wants what his old car had but doesn't want to get used to the new car :) )

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
What car, year and spec is the car.

Im guessing its a MK3 facelift car (mid 2003+), Zetec Spec or below. It has the digital dash, but its not really climate as you need the auto button.

This is easy to spot on the pre-facelift cars as the Climate is digital, non-climate are dials but on the facelift they all got digital readouts.

Basically, no auto, no climate.

·
Couch Potato
2,944 Posts
DavePage said:
What car, year and spec is the car.

Im guessing its a MK3 facelift car (mid 2003+), Zetec Spec or below. It has the digital dash, but its not really climate as you need the auto button.

This is easy to spot on the pre-facelift cars as the Climate is digital, non-climate are dials but on the facelift they all got digital readouts.

Basically, no auto, no climate.
Facelift Zetec has got EATC (Auto) it must be an LX.

·
Resident Wrestling Legend
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry it's taken so long to get back but he's got one of them edge things so i'm not sure what he's supposed to have on it

he says he's got auto wipers but other than that he's clueless about it :)

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
dojj said:
sorry it's taken so long to get back but he's got one of them edge things so i'm not sure what he's supposed to have on it

he says he's got auto wipers but other than that he's clueless about it :)
The Edge, is a special edtion based on a LX model. It will have Auto Lights, Wipers & Auto Mirror. It could have cruise control.

As for the Aircon/Climate, if you have the sun load sensor on the dash, then it's possible that you can put the EATC unit to replace the manual unit. I have done that with mine & I had all of the sensors in place.

It's just picking up a unit at the right price. They do come up on ebay but can go for silly monies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.