Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i was at a RR day yesterday with a group of people from another forum i use(VXON). On the way back the problems started!

Water pump impellor had cracked clean in half (and the fixed half isnt too good either! :think ) I first noticed a problem as i left and found that although the engine was heating up.. the heater wasn't.... after sitting in the traffic queue for a few minutes it was obvious that something was up... but at this point i was being cut up by a P$%^k in a 4x4 who obviously doesnt understand the first thing about Roundabouts! Managed to pull in a Ford Dealer nearby to find that their parts dept doesnt open saturdays! :grrr so nursed it a bit further before calling it a day. Called a mate who came up from Bedford to Tow me back....

Got pretty much all the way until... SNAP!! the tow rope decides its had enough and wants no more of a life on this planet! Luckily, it was an elastic one and had just separate from the metal hook so all i had flying back at me was a 1" diameter elastic rope! :eh Managed to cobble something together with a Heavy Duty Rachet strap and we went on our merry way.. until someone tried pushing there car into the gap between the van (his tow vehcile) and my car.. completely oblivious to a tow rope and both vehicles going slowly with hazard lights on! another P£%$k!

Got back, had a cuppa, ran down to our local Central Auto Supplies to pick up a new water pump which Sarah (my wife) had arranged in advance knowing what i had said! (good girl, love you lots! ;) )and after an hour fitting a new water pump she's back on top form!!! Got off lucky with the HG's not being affected...

... well aside from the fact that Jamsport Diagnosed the rattle as a definate Little End gone...oh well, on to the next problem.. Engine swap!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sadly.. it has ben diagnosed as a little end :( (the bearing/bushing at the top of the conrod where the piston pin goes through).. after looking around it seems like its a common problem....

Probably going to just swap the engine over with another Low mileage jobbie.. then might rebuild the exisiting one.. dont know as yet! lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sat said:
Mine was fine after i changed the waterpump too, sadly it wasnt long before the head went
Oh joy! thats cheered me up no end! :L :tongue: lol

im planning on picking up a replacement engine shortly anyway so that i am covered ready for when it goes pop by the bearing failiure or the HG..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.