Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!! :sad:

I have a 2003 TDCi mondeo and when I fully depress the clutch the brake lights illuminate.

I've checked the combined clutch/brake fluid reservoir, which is fine.

Any suggestions?

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
dodgy brake pedal switch maybe :L

·
Couch Potato
2,944 Posts
I had exactly the same thing on my previous Mk3 after I had done an emergency stop. Distorted the pedal shaft very slightly meaning the brake light switch was too high. I bent the bracket down a little and all was ok. Was told later that the Switch can be reset instead of bending the bracket but can't remember how its done.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ordered new switch from Ford yesterday - Off to pick it up today. I'm reliably informed this is a doddle to fit (famous last words!) so should hopefully have a result for you all later today.
Many thanks for the help. :thumbup:
Matt

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SORTED!!! :L

Have installed new switch, and yes it was fairly straightforward.

For anyone who's thinking of doing this themselves then read on... The new switch comes fully extended. The switch is on a ratchet within the housing and can be pushed in or pulled out to set the correct length. You shouldn't need to push or pull the switch initially. Just fit it in and then the brake pedal, when depressed, will automatically adjust the switch to the right length.

Thanks for all the help & suggestions

Matt :woot:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.