Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
still lost
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got the estate back after having the clutch replaced cost £258 for the lot includein the slave cylinder an they picked it up an delivered it they took it at 10 this mornin an droped it of at 6 just been for a run an its spot on and the pedal is so light as well the cheapest quote i had was £350 oh yeah an its guaranted for 2 yeas unlimited mileage :woot:

·
Registered
790 Posts
did somebody mention "clutch" :annoyed:

mine's stared slippin it was only slippin slighly in 2'nd under 2k rpm. but now it all gears. except first :loopy:. so i phoned my garage where i take it as too make some provisions for when it does goo all togher. £230 incl release bearings. so it will e getting done in te next three week.

before the sunshine season starts :whistling:

·
still lost
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what happened to mine but intermitant so i figered id get it done before its to late £230 sounds good

·
Registered
790 Posts
they did'nt mention the slave cylinder. i'll have to ask before they doo owt.

so now you'v had it chnged where's your biteing point now. as mine stands now it bites right at the top ov the pedal.

·
still lost
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
about middle ish but the peddle feels alot lighter you dont have to change the slave thingy but i thought it was better to do it when the gear box is out

·
still lost
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Robbins said:
What is meant when you say the clutch is "slipping"?
say you put it in 5th at 30mph an put your foot down on the gas if its slippin your revs will get higher but your speed dosnt if the revs dont go up then its fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts