Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Clutch very high

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  totalguy 
#1 ·
My clutch is fine, no slipping (touch wood), but the biting point seems very high/funny.

Example, i hired a transit van n the clutch was perfect bit then went, got back in the mondy n it was like a dragging sensatin and noticed for the first time if i let go at the biting point the clutch brings itself back up once i let go.

Also i only have to slightly tap the clutch for it to let go, when i say slightly tap i mean 5mm down if that :confused:

Is it a new clutch job or shall i bleed it first??

Wibble

#6 ·
you can adjust pedal stroke on master cylinder pushrod to either lower pedal or raise pedal stroke,there should be a bolt on master cylinder which you can adjust.this only alters pedal height and has no real bearing on the clutch it's self,but if you want a lower bite adjust it.(from manual)

#7 ·
marks said:
you can adjust pedal stroke on master cylinder pushrod to either lower pedal or raise pedal stroke,there should be a bolt on master cylinder which you can adjust.this only alters pedal height and has no real bearing on the clutch it's self,but if you want a lower bite adjust it.(from manual)
Anyone tell me how to do this as the biting point on my new mk2 is so high that im revving and its still not moving until my foot has almost come completely off.

My old mk2 and my old St24 both had very similar low biting points and i could pull off a doddle. Be nice to do this to the new mk2 aswell.

jcth1

#8 ·
a bit similar over here.. my MkII TD has a very high clutch level... good when changing up, but pulling off from a stop is just a pain (especially hill starts!)

How hard is the adjustment process?

Regards
Phil

#12 ·
petep900 said:
I can also drive anything but just prefer a clutch that 'bites' about half way up the peddal rather than closer to the top.
A mid point bite is also handier when towing...
Same as but i prefere a low down bite so as i start bringing the pedal up i feel the bite so i can creep the car.

Currently the TD is way to high, well i do just have to lift the foot right of the pedal before it goes. That just doesnt suit my driving preference.

Still havent stalled it and i got it back from Yorkshire and driven it about town a few times so its all good.

jcth1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.