Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Megger
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

MONDEO, 2.0L, 115BHP, TDCI, 54 PLATE.

After being plagued by a coil light after starting my car until it warmed up, I finally bought a F-super 2 and got the codes of my car.

There were 3 codes displayed:-

P0409 EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION SENSOR 'A' CIRCUT

P0404 EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION CONTROL CIRCUT RANGE/PERFORMANCE

P2263 TURBO/SUPERCHARGER BOOST SYSTEM PERFORMANCE

Can someone point me in the right direction with regards to fixing these problems. and give me some direction as to the difficulty in fixing them.

Also can someone give me the values that I should be looking at in the live data on Formidable.

Regards,

Haggisghia.

·
Super Moderator
30,338 Posts
Is it a variable or fixed vane turbo?

Has the EGR valve been blanked?

·
Megger
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Don't know if it is fixed or variable, how do I tell? (I understood that the 115's are fixed, but I could be wrong)

No, it is not blanked.

Haggis.

·
Megger
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can anyone else confirm what Col_Tubbs has said or point me in the right direction as I need to get this fixed and I am short on time, low on cash but willing in effort. The problem is that I only get one afternoon a week that I can do anything on the car as my wife takes it to get to work as soon as I get home in it and we both rely on the car, as we live in a small village.

Haggis.

·
Super Moderator
30,338 Posts
Depends if you have a variable vane turbo or a fixed vane. Post a picture?

Is the actuator horizontal with the bar on the manifold or vertical on the turbo with a small threaded rod

going to the turbo?

Does your look like the euro 3 one below? Or different?

·
Super Moderator
30,338 Posts

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
2263 can be wires inside actuator....

·
Megger
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had the car about 7 years, The first instance of the coil light was about 2 years ago occasionally, last year cleaned egr valve it has only been persistent for the last month or so. we got the car with 81000mls on the clock it now has 189000mls.

·
Megger
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
another clue to the problem might be....

yesterday did a trip at motorway speeds of 100+ miles (a good blast). today have been out in it on one of our routine runs where it normally shows its self, however today it hasn't.

I don't understand much of what is shown in the screen shots, so if there is anything I should be aware of I am sure you will let me know.

Haggis.

·
Super Moderator
30,338 Posts
Another member bought a car with that code and swapped his G149 actuator for my spare G221

and it cured his problems instantly and was OK for a few weeks.

When he put his supposedly fixed actuator back on the code returned.

Have you popped the arm off to see of its sticking?

·
Megger
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What should I be looking for to see if it is sticking, am I looking for movement in the turbo or the actuator?

Sorry if this seems a silly question, but I have never delved into these parts of a engine before. done breaks, wheels etc, but not much under the bonet, other than egr, oil & filters etc.

·
Super Moderator
30,338 Posts
Take the arm off the actuator. One small C clip. Dont lose it.

Then move the arm which is still attached to the turbo fully forwards and backwards. It should feel

like its broken and not doing anything.

Any resistance means the vanes are sticking at that point.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts