Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to fit a cold air intake cone, but not sure what to do with the sensor and the crankcase breather hose that are currently attached to the current box that is fitted. Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
29,803 Posts
Get an inlet pipe with the correct fitments of maybe fit a catch tank instead?

Not a fan of them myself, There is a fair chance that your actually going to lose

power rather than make more power.

Unless your going with it for the looks/noise and dont mind losing power then

its your choice. Just my opinion and others may disagree.

The air boxes on modern cars tend not to restrict the performance like the old ones

used to.

Not a fan of K&N's either if you have a MAF then there is debate on the oil contaminating

that and again losing power over time.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Get an inlet pipe with the correct fitments of maybe fit a catch tank instead?

Not a fan of them myself, There is a fair chance that your actually going to lose

power rather than make more power.

Unless your going with it for the looks/noise and dont mind losing power then

its your choice. Just my opinion and others may disagree.

The air boxes on modern cars tend not to restrict the performance like the old ones

used to.

Not a fan of K&N's either if you have a MAF then there is debate on the oil contaminating

that and again losing power over time.
Gotta agree with you. Never understood why people replace the perfectly good stock air filters that take actual cold air from the front of the vehicle to a cone one that takes hot air from the engine bay.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I have the 57i and admitttadly it does sound a lot more meaty but IMO only worth doing if your going to fit a 2.5in or 3.0in exhaust with just the one box up front...
Sounds awesome, once you hear it the Sony will take a back seat!!! ,but I've still got my old air box+k&n paper element in the shed somewhere,I would want 'proof definate' to go back to the plastic box, though a bit worrying Purple reckons they lose power and i won't argue with him over that..

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I'm looking to fit a cold air intake cone, but not sure what to do with the sensor and the crankcase breather hose that are currently attached to the current box that is fitted. Any help is appreciated.
I was looking at model specific air intake systems and a GEN1 K&N 57i induction kit will have the necessary fitments to attach the maf and the breather..but definitely double check before purchasing..

·
Mondeo nut
120 Posts
Iirc purple and raynkar gave me advice on cones and filters for mine, I got a performance hi flow filter in the end and added a custom second air box feed, I havent looked back since

1 - 7 of 7 Posts