Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I’ve got a 2011 FL 2.2 - had it about a month & have been fettling it. I’ve plugged in my OBD Dongle ((Viecar) and using the Carscanner app on my iPhone, was lucky enough to capture a DPF regen today:

Rectangle Azure Slope Plot Font

Ive been looking at readings for a while and, as can be seen, the regen started at about 150 grams and went down to 50 or so. My previous car, an XC60 2.4D, used to start at 100 or so and go right down to 6 or so. The percentages have also confused me a bit as surely starting at 150% & going down to 50% is also meaningless.

Can anyone educate me please as I’m confused. Also, the car scanner software doesn’t seem to capture certain data for which there are labels in the app - such as distance since DPF regen & other things. Can anyone recommend another dongle and app better suited to Ford Diesel data please. The setup I have suited me fine with the Volvo but I’ve had it some years and am happy to replace it to get better data.

In anticipation - Rob

·
Registered
321 Posts
The FL dont have the distance since last regen and the other pids you are "missing" You can only see Soot Load Filter Load , Cat Temp 1 & 2 and differential pressure on the DPF

·
MEG Corporal
2,676 Posts
As above...

These are the values I look at, the CATTEMP values go up to 600-650 degrees Celsius during a regen.

Rectangle Line Font Parallel Screenshot

·
MEG Corporal
2,676 Posts
I use the full version for a laptop and use an adaptor from HERE (although an older version). I've been meaning to buy the wifi unit to use with my Android phone but not got round to it yet.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
It looks like you're looking at the wrong data. DPF_LOAD and DPF_SOOT_LD are the two to look at (open and closed loop). The PCM doesn't measure in grams.

Based on those two graphs, they're actually the same thing and you're looking at the other DPF PID which determines the regen interval.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It looks like you're looking at the wrong data. DPF_LOAD and DPF_SOOT_LD are the two to look at (open and closed loop). The PCM doesn't measure in grams.

Based on those two graphs, they're actually the same thing and you're looking at the other DPF PID which determines the regen interval.
Thanks, I’ll take another look. The grams reading was as Carscanner presented to me so I assumed it was correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts