Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Megger
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know wher i could get additional female pins for the smaller connectors on the back of the 2004+ mondeo radio? i`ve got a nokia ck-7w wire in with the mute wire goingto pta and the phone audio going into the stereo but i`m not happy about just having the wire shoved into the hole i`d like to try and find the proper crimps to fit the wires into the plug housing properly. anyone know where to get them?

·
Big Megger
238 Posts
What are the pins you are looking for?

I am trying to find some also for connecting to the back of a 6000.

On this unit there are two types a pin and a small flat blade. If I can find them I'll tell you where.

·
Big Megger
238 Posts
How did you get on with the pins???

·
Megger
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not got round to ordering them yet. been way too busy at work and exhausted when i get home. i`ll get round to it soon though, just having the wires stuffed in the holes isn`t ideal.

·
Big Megger
238 Posts
where did you get them from in the end, Peugeot?

·
Megger
82 Posts
yep, peugeot parts department, 32 pence each including vat. they seem way more efficient than my local fraud main stealer. ordered late afternoon, paid over the phone by debit card(which frauds wouldnt let me do) and part pas there next morning. helpful staff too.
I also added a 1-1 turns ratio audio decoupling transformer between the carkit and radio as when first answering a call the speakers would pop and whine for a second before settling down but on a call the audio is perfect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts