Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody i am from Portugal, cheer's to ALL.
I have a Mondeo mk4 1.8 tdci 2008 and i have my coolant desapering.
My oil is fine no smell on the coolant tank, no bubbles on the coolant tank when i accelarate (water stays still ), no white smoke, don't see any coolant leak on the hoses or radiator... Do you have any idea of what this might be?????
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
31,290 Posts
Get some UV dye and put that into the coolant, run the engine and use a UV torch to track down the leak.

Could be many things. Expansion cap not sealing which allows the coolant to boil away. Waterpump leaking
which maybe a small drip which drys or evaporates quickly. Head gaskets can leak without it entering the
oil system or exhaust. It could be leaking onto the head/block and again evaporating quickly.

Tiny leak in the radiator or the internal heater matrix, wet floor/carpet but if its a tiny leak then it may not show
easily.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine was like this for a while. It was a small leak on the bottom of the radiator. No drips on the floor or any noticeable signs. It ended up splitting the radiator, blowing out all the water and cooking the engine. So don't leave it hoping it won't get worse, because it will :eek::eek:

·
MEG Corporal
2,801 Posts
When checking the cap on the expansion tank, there are 2 o rings and one could be split. The larger one was split on my cap, replaced cap and no loss since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts