Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to know what type/size bulbs are in the interior light and the 2 that are under the sun visors they are far too bright for us :(

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Well, the LED lights I have put in mine are as follows:-

2 x (501) Super Wide Angle White 5 Leds [Footwell]
2 x (264) 42 - 42mm Bright White Dome Light (18 Leds) Superior Ver X [Main Lights]
2 x (233) BA9 - 9mm BC 6 Leds Ford Focus Map Light Bulb White [Maplights]

But these have made it a bit brighter inside, but the bulb types are the same if you can get dimmer ones. Not sure about the lights under the visors as I have left these as they are as they dont get used.

With regard to footwell lights, worth checking to see if you have the holders already there, they are the standard 501 wedge bulbs to test them with.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
501 5w in the lights behind visors , and check up high if the bulbholders are not fitted , apparently they hide themselves away sometimes , although mine were not there :( , they are now because i ran feeds for them from the main interior light , easy job to do and looks spot on :D :D

·
Formerly known as cilla black
15,701 Posts
ah, theres something extra on the zetec to the lx, lights above the sun visors....

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
johnnyb said:
ah, theres something extra on the zetec to the lx, lights above the sun visors....
And I thought they would only be in the Ghia and above. I dont feel so special now :( (not that I use them anyway)

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont really need maplights with having the ones under the visors they will do.

so i need 4X 501 wedge bulbs then 2 for footlights (which are there) 2 for lights under sun visors

is that correct??

dave can you confirm what i need for the main light because im not sure as you mention maplights above.

gonna get blue ones the brighter the better.

glovebox light wasnt working found it but some daft twat snapped the wedge in it ffs!!! not a big problem but too dark to mess with atthe moment.

Rear courtesy light???? i havent got one, i take it you have dave ? have you got any pics? i still got my mk2 one wondering if that would fit.

The footwell lights arent in exact same place and i kinda thought that would be the case they are better placed :)

for other peoples reference at the bottom of the glove box right in the middle.

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
The main bulbs are:-

(264) 42 - 42mm Bright White Dome Light (18 Leds) Superior Ver X - available at UltraLed's

Not sure if the blue ones would be better - mine are Bright White and they are bloody bright. From the outside of the car they look a kindof ice blue light (see avatar) because of the tints, and my light interior :L

I would have thought you could use the MK2 rear courtesy light in its place. Mine was already fitted so not sure myself.

Attachments

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm that looks totally different i bet the fitting part is bigger too looks in a totally different place to where iwas looking lol and its not hard to tel lcoz the roof lining is like stiff cardboard, might not bother not like i use it.

dod you retro fit any lighting dave?

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
Hey TG, I retrofitted the same lamp that Dave has. It is quite easy and there have been some posts on it.

You have two choices - get a surround and use the same style lamp as in the front, or get the same one that Dave and I have that just clips into a metal ring - circa £10 from your local friendly Ford dealer.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so the hole in the ceiling is round then?

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Not retro fitted anything to mine yet TG - kindof why I went for a Ghia - so I didnt have to cause I am crap at anything like that :).

The only thing I would be interested in retro fitting would be leather cause thats all that's missing that I would want - although my current interior is very nice.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how do you get rear footwell lights? or havent you got them?

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
I dont have rear footwells - non of the cars leaving the factory do. Johnny has done a How To for doing them but its not something that I think I will bother doing - the rear footwells are quite well lit with the rear courtesy light (now that its super bright anyway) and the other lights in the car.

Was in a MK2TD Ghia last night (taxi) which had the interior handle lights. Never seen them before (never been in my brothers Ghia at night). Still cant work out why Ford never fitted them to the MK3 - not even the top spec cars. CharlieGhiaX has fitted his own which could be interesting :)

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
totalguy said:
so the hole in the ceiling is round then?
Kinda oval. It isn't difficult to do, just cover the area of the headlining with masking tape to find the centre and mark out, and then get your stanley knife out!

You will find it easier to push the wiring forward with the boot open using a straightened coathanger or similar.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
just wondering if it possible to push the wiring back from the front roof light ??? :L

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dave i had them on my mk2, well i put them in the front blue wedge bulbs lit up nicely :) be nice to have some in mk3 but dont fancy pissing about with door cards and stuff to retro fit any.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts