Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to start the car this morning ..... and it it did was

CLICK!!!!!
no starter just the solinoid. So I played with it for a while but it still didnt start.

Tried to rock the starter but still nothing. Though ohhh well looks like Im gonna have to remove the starter so Jacked it up then just as I was under the car it rolled back (remember the rocking - forget to put the handbrake back on). Cracked the front bumper and the Skirt... I was like ARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! damamge done put the brake back on and put it on an axel stand. Removed the starter motor and cleaned all the terminals and sprayed them with switch cleaner...Put it back together and it started so I went to drop the bonnet ... and crack!!!! the Drivers side indicator broke (mk1 owners know this one when the lense comes apart) So I glued it back on.... left ot for a while but as I had reserved myself to the day though .... I would go and see Wayne..... Turned up at Waynes and got out the car ..... BLOODY INDICATORS MISSING!!!!

Crap I thought...... So we decided a trip to the scrappy was in order... When we were on the motorway Wayne noticed my Rear bumper was flapping a little at the arch. When we got to the swcrap yeard I noticed that the bolt holding the bumper to the arch had lost its nut. As there was nothing I could do I had to leave it till we got back to the garage. On the way back I heard something Knock under the car , Like a bolt or stone had bounced underneath. Got back to Waynes and Wayne noticed I had what looked like a crack on the bumper. There wasnt a crack BUT something had hit it as It shattered the paint and left a mark. So I refixed the bumper back on with some strapping and a new nut. Its been a crap day Car feels like its ruddy falling apart, SO its going to go in soon for a revamp possible respray.

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
Bugger...

Mines not been too great either m8. Thank fnuck it's the weekend.

Hope all gets fixed soon...

Andy.

·
Premium Member
26,464 Posts
the car dropped whilst you were under it??

lucky you weren't killed mate!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Monkeyra said:
the car dropped whilst you were under it??

lucky you weren't killed mate!
Nope I was lucky as I had just put my Arm under to put the Axel stand as it fell.... hurt my arm but it could have been a lot worse

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
not a good day there. think postive at least you still gott a uses-able car, and most importantly your life.

time to start planning that install properly.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the car is working again Kev ..... but its looks like crap. It was more embaressing as I had Wayne and Dean in the Car as Things were knocking etc. Of course when you have worked on the car earlier you worry that bad things are happening..... Nothing is knackered ...... just took the shine off the paint *lol* The Front bumper is cracked but only a couple of inches where it fell on the Jack Piston, As it was also on the Ford Jack that dug into the skirt. Rear Bumper is bolted back down but its going to need a respray (which it was going to get anyway) Pretty much nothing beyond what I was going to have to do anyway..... PS Going to Waynes Tommorow ....Fancy comming

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
russdaz said:
not a good day there. think postive at least you still gott a uses-able car, and most importantly your life.

Bloody hell Darren ....... Ill get my Violin ...

Just kidding mate ... I know yours is playing you no end and if theres anything any of us can do

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
bathrug said:
russdaz said:

Bloody hell Darren ....... Ill get my Violin ...

Just kidding mate ... I know yours is playing you no end and if theres anything any of us can do
lol, haddnt meant it like yes mine not running still, but im used to living without a car.

Can any-one print money here then???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts