Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Big Megger
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MK3 Mondy seems to have the worst sounding horn I've ever heard - Is there a decent after market alternative that doesn't need additional of a relay?
(I don't mind having to add a little wire with a new crimp on the end).

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
if you have an early or lower spec mk3 it will only have a single lo pitch horn fitted as standard and its pityful to say the least.

Mine had and it died mid honk one day shortly before its MOT. i thought about getting an aftermarket one and then i heard the racket made by the newer/higher spec mondeo horn, its a dual one so has high & lo pitch.

I got myself one of these from my local dealer and fitted it in the dealership car park before leaving, its one bolt holding the horn to the car and one wiring plug to the horn. the replacement dual horn is exactly the same fittings but has a bigger bracket to be able to hold the other horn.

the horn is just below the battery in case you did not already know. i disconnected the plug from under the bonnet ( inbetween the battery and the front of the car you can just stick your hand in ) and then layed on the floor and removed the bolt from under the car.

Mk3 Dual Horn: 1151835 ( i think the single horn is a gonna now anyway as the stock code for the single horn just pointed to the dual horn as a replacement product )

Thats the ford part number for the horn and it comes with the plug to the standard wiring so no extra wiring needed and its own bracket as one unit. Costs about £38 or so from memory. and its blooming loud.

its so loud i wired my car alarm to it :whistling: thats abit puny too on the mk3. i dare not test the alarm anymore :D

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
bloomin heck my horn is piss poor :( dont fancy paying £38 for one though :( i did think about a pair of mk2 horns but dunno where to mount em i liked the horns on me mk2 :D

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
noisy_cricket said:
that beast would certainly make the idiots on the roads move over, be it through sheer fright or a heart attack :stir:

Would have to revert back to standard for the MOT though as it would probably deafen the tester :D

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
do you want to see a vid of one , these guys go round putting the shits up people with there train horn :} :} :}

horn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts