Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a main control box for the cruise control on a mk1 ,if there is what does it look like.Thanks :thankyousign:

·
Administrator
13,790 Posts
Its an all-in-one affair, open the bonnet and look in the back righthand corner. Its bolted right next to the suspention strut and will obviously have a cable going to the throttlebody. That unit controls everything so there isn't any other controlling device... whats up?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have taken one out of a car that i brought (for the engine to put in mine) and it has cruise control i wanted to know if there are any control boxes that i need to take from the car to make it work in mine.

·
MEG Corporal
418 Posts
As Mirez says it's basically a self contained module but you will need the steering wheel,with the built in control switches, and the clock spring from the donor car. Also get the pedal switches as they are wired slightly differently. If you want the warning light to dim at night when the main lights are on then also get the Instrument Interface Module which is mounted in a bracket on the large crossmember behind the light switch panel.
:kaffeetrinker_2:

·
Registered
766 Posts
If you're installing any power cable for amps etc do it before you fit it as I had a mare of a time with the bracket for the cruise in the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts