Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just been fitting cruise kit to a 2.0 mk2, fitted the module and ran cable to the throttle, problem iv got now thou is when the ignition is turned on the revs go really high even with the gears in neutral, i think the cruise cable must be pulling the throttle too much, anybody know how to correct this?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive fitted the pedal switches, only things ive not done so far are the instrument interface module, run a wire to the back of instrument cluster and connect the power to fuse f23, didnt expect anything to happen just by attaching the cable to the throttle especially as the cruise system shouldnt have any power running to it yet

·
Still waiting to Wii
2,710 Posts
try a longer cruise cable, it's probably too short and slightly pulling the throttle open. or it's routed incorrectly applying tension to the throttle.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the cable is suppose to be from a 4 cylinder petrol manual car so should be the correct one, it only just fits under the bonnet goes all the way up to the slam panel at front of the car

·
MEG Commander
6,006 Posts
It might need to be powered up so that the actuator resets itself, dont know but worth a try.

Steve

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what i was thinking of steve, when the engine started reving really quickly i panicked, turned ignition off then disconnected the cable, didnt expect anything to happen as the power hasnt been connected, was worried i'ld knackered the engine cause at the same time i had the rocker cover off to replace with a chrome one and thought i had knocked something out of place, dont think its a problem with the cable as it was already fitted to the cruise module at one end and the other was fairly straight forward to connect and its not routed incorrectly as it just sits on top and isnt connected anywhere else

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.